Catching up

Sorry I haven't been able to get you all caught up with life yet.  I'm sure you understand that days seem like hours right now and I feel like I'm flying face first into Phoenix.  Here's the run down so far...

Tomorrow is my last day of work, I will be working in the AM (until 3pm) because Blake is coming into town to spend some time with me and Leo.  I'm ridiculously excited to see him, I haven't seen him since September last year.  I will try to post while he's here, but no promises.

Blake leaves on Monday and then I have to pack the rest of my things.  I'm just packing clothes, bath stuff, shoes, computer, cameras, DVDs, basically just the stuff that can fit in my car.  I'm leaving for AZ on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm going to try and make it to Phoenix in one day but I may have to stay somewhere off the freeway.  I have to be there before the 26th because Grandma is taking off to Iowa to spend the month up north.  During this time it is my objective to find a job and an apartment.

I fly back home to Small Town Minnesota the weekend of Memorial Day for my grandpa's burial and memorial service.  I will get to finally say goodbye and hopefully get closure.  I will also get to spend some much needed time with the fam.

From Minnesota I will fly back here to Dallas, rent a Uhaul, load my furniture and large items and drive back to Phoenix to furnish my new apartment (wherever that might be).

It sounds like a whirlwind, but I'm going to have plenty of time to blog while in Phoenix searching for an apartment and a job.

As anyone ever driven from Dallas to Phoenix?  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment