My momma told me when I was young,

I still have a long way to get before you are all caught up to the present, but I couldn't help but write about my awesome weekend.

Leo and I just dropped Blake off at the airport so he can head back to Minneapolis.  I never want my friends to go when they come to visit, but saying goodbye to Blake this time was more difficult than usual.  With my move to Phoenix it is hard to say when we will see each other again.  We talked about me goingg home for Minneapolis Pride or Blake coming down to Arizona this winter, but we will have to see how those plans pan out.  Even though it was difficult, the goodbye was worth it because without the goodbye there wouldn't have been a hello and all that comes between.  We had a BLAST this weekend.

Leo picked Blake up at the airport and I met them at home after my last day of work on Thursday.  I hadn't seen Blake since September so when I did I gave him a huge bear hug.  We didn't have plans for the evening and Leo wanted to take a nap so Blake and I decided to drive up to Corder Lake.  I wanted to show him a Texas style lake.  We walked around a pier area and took some pictures.  They had 25 cent margaritas at Gloria's so we walked up to the outdoor patio to grab a quick drink and saw about 50 people waiting to get in.  We agreed that we'd rather pay full price for a margarita than wait for 2 hours to get one at Gloria's so we walked around the corner and sat down at Paradise.  We ordered a couple margaritas and some appetizers.  I guess I didn't really know what to expect when I ordered "Sausage Bite", but I definitely did not expect this....



We caught up over our drinks talking about friends, family, and my move.  We ordered another round as the sun started to set.  We finished our cocktails pretty quickly after we realized that it was almost 8pm and Leo was still at home.  We grabbed a couple of pizzas on our way home and had dinner at home with Leo.  That night Leo and I took Blake out to the bar where Leo works.

On Friday we got up earlier than normal so we could go have some barbecue.  I took Blake and Leo to Sonny Bryan's, a fav spot of mine for some good ol' fashion beef brisket.  I had to stop at work for a quick meeting and to say goodbye to all of my coworkers.  After that we dropped Leo off at home so he could take a nap (yep, he's lazy...lol).  Me and Blake went to the grocery store to stock up on enough food for the entire weekend.  I had researched recipes before he arrived and had planned a feast for every day.

That night we went to a friend's house for dinner and to play Wii bowling.  We went bar hopping afterward and ended up at the bar where Leo works (again) where we met up with some more friends.  We went back to our friends house and hung out on her rooftop patio.  Blake was crushing hard for one of our friends and ended up falling asleep on the couch snuggling with him.  Around 6am Leo and I decided it was time to go home.  Blake wanted to stay so we left him with his crush and told him to call when he wanted to be picked up.

I woke up on Saturday to my phone beeping, I had a text.  Blake was ready to be picked up.  I woke Leo up and sent him downtown to bring the prodigal friend home.  I tried to have breakfast ready for them but it ended up taking an hour longer than expected.  By the time we got to finish eating breakfast we all agreed it was time for a nap, we needed to rest up for the night ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment