Inspiration

Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure that inspiration becomes harder to find as I get older.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right places or hard enough?  Maybe I have way too much on my plate to notice when inspiration finds me?  Maybe my brain has turned into a pile of mush?  All of these may be true, but one thing is for certain...I have to make a better effort to find inspiration and realize when it finds me.  This blog is prime example of my bitter breakup with creativity.

It helps to put it writing (even though with one click I can delete this blog post)....I have found that these things inspire me, so I vow to do more of them:
- Work out
- Walk around outside (and not forget a camera and notebook)
- Go to antique shops, gift shops, and home decor stores
- Read other blogs
- Talk with friends....they always have stories to tell!

It is VERY important that I keep in touch with inspiration because I'm about to take on a goal that, until a year ago, didn't exist.  However, it is something that I've become very passionate about....I'm going to be designing fabric and quilting patterns.  Without inspiration it's not going to happen.  If it doesn't happen I'll be working at a hotel again.  It has to happen!!!!

Wish me luck and inspiration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment