we are all born superstars.

We hung out at home for the rest of the day and took our time getting ready for the big bash.  It was a friends birthday and he was celebrating by taking donations for the outreach center in Dallas.  The bar was going to be packed and all of the people Leo and I knew were going to be there.

We arrived before it was too busy.  We grabbed a drink and wished the man of honor a happy birthday.  Blake and I ended up hanging out by the bar for a bit because Leo had disappeared.  A lot of the people I knew hadn't shown up yet so we just kinda waited around.  Before I knew it the place was packed and each of us, Leo, Blake, and myself were off doing our own thing, talking to random people, having a "gay" ol' time.

It was 2am and time to leave the bar, but the plan was to go to an after party across the street.  When we arrived the host wasn't there and no amount of phone calls could get him to answer.  There was a group of about 10 of us just hanging outside the apartment building when someone suggested that we go to their hotel and hang out.  I personally did not want to have to drive to a hotel and deal with getting in trouble with hotel security and so on, not my idea of a good time, so I opted out.  Blake felt the same way.  Leo followed us to the car, but was very upset that we didn't want to go.  I told him he could ride with someone else and we would just go home.  Being a good friend, I figured he would choose to stay and hang out with Blake and I since we had plans for the next day.  Nope, Leo jumped out of the car and in with another friend, away they went.  Blake and I had quite the conversation on the way back to apartment, neither of us were too happy that Leo ditched us.

In the morning (late morning) Blake and I headed out to the Forth Worth Stockyards.  We were both pretty hung over but that didn't stop us from taking touristy photos and walking into almost every gift shop.  We thought about getting "old time" photos taken, but never checked out the price.  We went to a cool little bar/grill in between two buildings and had a beer.  There was a musician there playing a mixture of covers and his own raunchy songs.  We stuck around to watch the cattle drive down the main street of the stockyards however it wasn't much of a cattle drive considering there were only about 10 cattle.



We called Leo on the way back from Fort Worth and convinced him to get out of bed and join us in Uptown, Blake wanted to ride the trolley.  We parked the car and walked to the nearest trolley stop.  We stood there waiting for about 15 minutes and nothing was showing up.  We walked further down the street to a sports bar.  We stopped in for a bucket of beer and fried pickles (a must have when visiting Texas).  After we gorged on beer and greasy pickles we found another trolley stop and hopped on.  We didn't have far to ride to the parking garage, but at least we got to ride the trolley.



We spent that evening at home, I cooked up a delicious supper and we watched Spiderman.  The next morning we got up in time for lunch and then drove Blake back to the airport.  It was a great "last weekend" in Dallas.  I only had a few days left before I took of for Phoenix and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way than with my two besties.

P.S.  The title to the last two blogs is obviously Lady Gaga lyrics, I swear I never heard that song more in my life than I did that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment