I apologize for my absence

I know, I'm a horrible blog writer.  I left all of my faithful readers just hanging for the last month.  I apologize.  There really isn't a great reason for my absence, but to explain myself this is what has happened with me in the last month:

I packed everything I could in my car and headed to Phoenix, AZ to start a new life.  I spent a few days applying for jobs and searcing for an apartment.  I took one night off to go out on the town to a recommended gay bar.  It was quite interesting, I ended up meeting two guys who were about 15 years older than me, we watched a tranny show together and then they took me to a dance club.  I had a good time, but it wasn't ANYTHING like Minneapolis or Dallas.  I lasted about a week and a half in Phoenix before I realized that it just wasn't for me.

I decided I needed to move closer to home so I repacked all of my things, jumped in the car, and headed North.  I crossed the country in record time making it all the way in about 30 hours (including a stop to rest for a couple hours).  I tried to find a job at a hotel but starting pay here is, at most, $8.50 an hour.  That was not going to support my lifestyle much less allow me to eat.  After talking with my mom she decided to hire me as "web developer" and "marketing director" at her quilt shop.  My current duties: get them more involved with social media, build an online store, and create/distribute brochures.  Anyone that knows me knows that I do not quilt so it's been intersting learning the ropes (or should I say threads).

Within the first couple weeks of being home we had my grandpa's memorial.  He passed in February but it was too cold to bury his ashes so we waited until Memorial Day weekend.  The service was beautiful, I sang a song with my mom.  We all said our final goodbyes to Grandpa and laid him to rest.  It is nice to finally have some closure.  There wasn't much time for mourning though because my neice's baptism was the next day.  That didn't go as smooth as the memorial, but we had a great lunch afterward.

I didn't have much time to rest after a crazy weekend because I flew back to Dallas to get my furniture and the rest of the things that didn't fit in my car.  I flew down with a girl friend of mine.  We didn't waste anytime loading a Budget truck and hitting the road.  We made it a mission to see any and all oddities off the highway that we could.  These included a giant revolver (which was also a BBQ grill), the sonic center of the universe (look it up it's in Tulsa), and the world's largest praying hands.  We also made it a point to drive through Joplin.  Let me just say that the pictures and videos on TV do no justice for the amount of damage the tornado caused.  If you donated any money to the relief efforts YOU ROCK, if you haven't GET ON IT!

I can't wait for this summer and look forward to writing all about my adventures back in Minnesota.  I know that I still haven't caught up with my other stories, I PROMISE I will work on that as well.  Life has been hectic but I wouldn't trade the craziness for anything in this world.  I hope you all can find it in your hearts to welcome me back and continue to read my blogs. :)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment